3 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
2 large white Spanish onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
6 large carrots, washed and sliced (do not peel the carrot as this is where the nutrients are most concentrated)
8 new potatoes, washed and quartered
3 cups vegetable broth
3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoon curry powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup cilantro chopped (for garnish)
2 tablespoons organic whole butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook remembering to stir often until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and potatoes, and cook for just a few minutes to allow the carrots to sweat out some of their juices.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot, and season with ginger, curry powder, pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Allow to cool off then puree soup in small batches using a blender or food processor.
- Heat a large soup pot then add the butter and the blended mixture and bring to hot or around 10 minutes.