“This recipe goes great with just about any cheese”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- ¼ cup white onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- ½ teaspoon basil powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar, Emmentaler, mozzarella, cream cheese or a mixture of your favorite cheeses
- Add the eggs with the milk, oregano, basil, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Shred the cheese into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat then place the onions onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan.
- Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to allow the uncooked part of the eggs to flow toward the edges and cook for 3 minutes or until the center area of the omelet begins to look dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and with a spatula gently fold one half of the omelet over the other half.
- Sprinkle top of omelette with cheddar cheese.
- Allow the omelette to cook for another two minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from fire and serve.
All Recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef Health And Fitness Talk