“Great for diabetics”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 roasted red pepper in slices
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tbls smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup sliced plum tomatoes
- Add the eggs and 2 Tbsp. water to a medium size bowl and mix until blended. Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; add spinach, onions and tomatoes, and sauté 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Add salt and egg mixture to skillet.
- Lift and Tilt. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked egg mixture flows underneath, cooking until almost set (about 1 minute). Cover skillet, and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle omelet with smoked salmon, roasted red peppers, cheese and pepper. Fold omelet in half, allowing cheese to melt. Slide cooked omelet onto a serving plate and add the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Serve with buttered toast and fresh fruit.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef