“With all this cold weather around its best to cuddle up with your favorite remote control and enjoy this deliciously tasty treat with the kids during these cold and wet days”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Drinking Time: 3-60 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
- ½ teaspoon mint extract or ½ ounce shot crème de Menthe liquor (optional and only for adults) this will take this to the next level
- 7 cups organic whole unpasteurized
- 2 small dark chocolate bars with almonds for garnish
Add the condensed milk, cocoa, salt, almond extract, vanilla extract to a large saucepan, mix gently then place over medium high heat. Gently continue to mix (do not turn your back on this one as the milk will suddenly rise when it reaches its boiling point and make a mess on your stovetop) until it reaches its boiling point and immediately remove from fire and set aside on stovetop. Pour in large coffee mug and top off with whipped cream and enjoy.
1 ounce Creme De Menthe optional and so very tasty. Also try with a dash of mint concentrate in case alcohol is off your list.
All Recipes by Chef and Mixologist Ed Health and Fitness Talk