Having a healthy body means not only knowing how to feed and exercise it but also knowing fun facts that can keep you interested and motivated in losing weight and staying fit.
- The human nervous system can relay messages to the brain at speeds of up to 200 miles per hour. Your brain receives 100 million nerve messages each second from your senses. Fish contains lots of iodine which is known to improve mental clarity. Also, the essential omega-3 fatty acids which are found in oily fish as well as fish oil, walnut oil and flaxseeds are all high in DHA which is a fatty acid crucial to the health of our nervous system.
- Your heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats about 100,000 times in one day, in an average adult. Start everyday with a steaming bowl of oats, which are jam packed with omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium. This awesome fiber-rich superfood can lower your levels of LDL (or bad) cholesterol and aids greatly in keeping your arteries clear.
- There are 206 bones in the human body. One fourth of them are in your feet. Calcium is one of the key nutrients that your body needs in order to stay strong and healthy. It is important to get enough of it in your diet. Eat plenty of vegetables, beans, dairy products, lots of fresh herbs and spices, salmon, tofu, oranges and almonds.
- Pleasant aromas can give you sweet dreams. A new study has revealed that you can make your dreams positive by smelling sweet and pleasant aromas. Certain aromas in particular like patchouli, marjoram, sandalwood, chamomile, lavender, lemon and sage are great for promoting relaxation and a good restful sleep.
- Keeping physically active can dramatically slow the again process. Take a brisk walk for 20 minutes five days per week as walking strengthens your bones in your lower half and also makes you less susceptible to osteoporosis.
Simple facts like this will give more of a boost to your health and fitness knowledge and guide you towards a healthier and happier life.