“This delicious recipe will have you making this pie for any occasion”
2 cups pureed pumpkin fresh or canned
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
9 inch pie crust round
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pie crust dough round into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim edges to extend about a 1/2-inch over the rim of the pan.
- Fold edges under, and press to seal.
- Place pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, vanilla, sugar, sea salt, milk, ginger, cinnamon and cloves and mix until well blended.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and place in center oven rack . Bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling is firm or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.