“This is a quick and delicious way to enjoy a Christmas favorite!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2-29 ounce cans sweet potatoes
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature and cut into pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon This is to garnish after it has finished baking
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish.
- Add the ginger, sugar, rum, butter and evaporated milk to a large mixing bowl and mix gently until well blended. Then pour on top of the yams.
- Layer with miniature marshmallows.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and marshmallows have melted to a golden brown, be carefully not to overbrown them.
All recipes by Chef Ed Resident Chef Health and Fitness Talk