“This is a stuffed pepper salad, light and delicious!”
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 2 large eggplants
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/12 tbls. capers
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pierce the eggplants several times with the tip of a paring knife. Place the eggplants and peppers onto the prepared baking sheet. Cook under the preheated broiler until the skins of the peppers and eggplants have blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and rearrange them on the baking sheet; roast until the skins are blackened on all sides. Place the blackened peppers and eggplants into a bowl, and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Set aside and allow the vegetables to cool about 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the skins and discard.
- Mix together the yogurt and garlic, ginger & capers, and set aside.
- Finely chop the peeled roasted eggplant and transfer it to a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt to taste.
- Pull the stems and cores out of the roasted peppers, remove any seeds, and stuff the peppers with the eggplant mixture. Top with the garlic yogurt and serve.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef