“great for BBQ’s”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup freshly made Teriyaki sauce
Ingredients for teriyaki sauce (this can be made days ahead of time and kept in the fridge)
Many kinds of bottled teriyaki sauce are sold at grocery stores, but basic sauce is easy to make at home with a few ingredients. The key ingredient is mirin which adds luster to ingredients when cooking with the sauce.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir the mixture well. Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for a couple minutes. Stop the heat and cool the mixture.
*If you don’t have mirin, you can substitute sake and sugar for mirin. The ratio of sake to sugar is 3 to 1. Adjust the amount of sugar, depending on your preference.
- 10 oz. portion of red snapper fillet(have your butcher slice it up for you)
- 8 ounces pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 4 slices Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Green lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions
- Salt & pepper mix
- Stir together your homemade Teriyaki sauce, ginger and the pineapple juice in a small bowl.
- Marinate your fish fillet for 3 minutes.
- Pan cook or Grill the fillets, brushing with remaining Teriyaki mixture until desired doneness (8 min).
- Place pineapple slices on grill or pan and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Place the lettuce, tomatoes and onions on the warm bun then place the snapper fillet on top, place the hot pineapple slice, add the sliced cheese and your all set. Bon appetite!
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef