“Your neighbors will be banging down your door to see what that great aroma is”
3 green apples
1 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon cloves whole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Core the apples and peel them from the top third of each one.
- Place them in a baking dish, and fill the core holes with the cranberries.
- Next stir together the water, brown sugar, lime juice and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once at boil, pour the mixture over the apples.
- Poke around 6 cloves into each apple and sprinkle with the cinnamon and bake for approximately 1 hour in the preheated oven and basting with the apple juices every 15 to 20 minutes.
All recipes by Chef Eddy