Well the holiday season is coming up once again before us with its fattening foods and drinks, parties overflowing with foods high in fat and a vast variety of holiday treats tempting you wherever you go whether its your iPhone, iPad or Television, so what a better time to get a heads up on what foods to stay away from to keep your figure nice, tight and healthy. Now I am a realist and we all know how hard it is to stay way from these foods so if you simply can’t resist a calorie-loaded holiday favorite, make sure to keep your portions small.
The following are the top 10 foods to stay clear of during these holidays:
- That eggnog may be tasty and strong but too much of it will load you with not only fat but also high levels of sugar, which will drive your blood glucose levels through the roof and turn you into a diabetic sooner than planned.
- Basically any and all holiday candy. The reasons are plentiful and harmful in fact.
- Any dessert made with high fructose corn syrup as many pecan pie recipes ask for it so if you’re not sure ask the cook. High fructose corn syrup causes diabetes, heart disease, cancer, stroke and also contains high and toxic levels of mercury.
- Technically not a food shooters are also in overabundance in bars and nightclubs as they help boost revenue for the business at a low cost to the customer during the holiday months but sadly too many of these concoctions use drinks and syrups high in sugar and high fructose corn syrup which you will most certainly “feel” and see on your scale in the morning.
- Crab cakes may be tasty but when crabmeat is blended with mayonnaise, then rolled in bread crumbs, then cooked in frying oil, you end up with a holiday treat that carries around 400 calories and 19 grams of fat in each cake. That’s almost as many calories as a big mac, and we all know how hazardous they are for your health.
- While on the topic of Big Macs, fast food chain restaurants offer a vast variety of fast and cheap holiday food, which sadly will give you a vast variety of deadly diseases and drive you to the grave early if not right away. All fast foods are bad for your health even if they boost healthy salads for example, which also contain as much if not more calories that that damn Big Mac once again. Never forget that all fast foods are processed and anything processed will contain preservatives and additives loaded with toxic and deadly chemicals to extend its shelf live so they can make an extra buck and pay for their Swiss skiing vacations while you rot in a hospital waiting to die, so if you want your life extended stay away from ALL FAST FOODS.
- Holiday buffets are always good if you need to gain loads of weight, fat and perhaps a visit to the doctor before the years out. Buffets specialize if foods high in cheap carbohydrates and fillers, which fill you up with bad fats and keep you from eating more of those high price food items like steak, prime rib and shrimp for example. If you do visit the holiday food featured buffets try choosing salads with meats and vegetables and stay clear from the sauces, pastas, desserts (if you can), breads etc. that will add pounds to your weight.
- Fruitcake may a long and tried tradition that is hundreds of years old but also have plenty of butter, sugar, and corn syrup. One slice can weigh in at 410 calories and 13 grams of fat and those candied fruits in them will also drive your blood glucose level sky high, diabetics beware.
- All those appetizers being passed around company, friend and family parties can also be horrible for your health as many use processed meats and sauces with high fructose corn syrup. Keep in mind and never forget that high fructose corn syrup is not only used in sweet foods but also used in salty food items like salad dressings, spaghetti sauces and even in that juice that your pickles come in.
10. Yorkshire pudding can be bad for you as any pudding that requires flour, salt, and melted beef fat can’t be good for your health. This was originally created to make use of the fat that dropped into the dripping pan while selected meats roasted. One serving has around 625 calories and 37 grams of total fat.