“Although coined as an appetizer this great dish and can stand on its own for a meal”
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbls. Olive oil
- 1 tbls. Organic butter
- 4 green zucchini, washed and coarsely grated
- ½ Lb. chickpeas
- 6 Diced pitted green olives
- 1 cup Italian Marinara sauce
- 2 ounces red wine ( Cabernet)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbls. chopped basil
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat until it begins to foams.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the olives, chickpeas, marinara sauce, red wine and stir to mix.
- Place a pot cover over the pan and cook on medium low for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and the basil on top and cover for 3 minutes more.
- Turn off heat and keep covered.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef Health and Fitness Talk