“This goes great for a light but protein packed lunch or dinner”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 red peppers
16 ounces filet mignon
3 garlic cloves (crushed 2 then finely diced and save the other one for the rub)
2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon tarragon chopped
2 tablespoons shallot finely chopped
3 cups mixed salad greens (romaine, spinach, iceberg for example)
6 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler or barbecue. Place the red peppers in the broiler pan.
- Cook until the skins are blistered and blackened being careful to frequently turn.
- Place in a plastic bag, seal tightly, and let steam for 10 minutes then peel away the blackened skins from the peppers, seed them and cut them into chunks.
- Meanwhile, lay the filet mignon flat on a cutting board and slit it lengthwise three-quarters of the way through. Open it up and press down on it then sprinkle with 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper and sea salt. Cut 1 garlic clove in half and generously rub the cut sides all over the beef.
- Broil the beef until it is done to your taste, about 3 minutes on each side for medium then thinly slice the filet mignon.
- Cook the beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes then drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Garlic cloves then whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic, shallot and remaining pepper in a small bowl. Divide the mixed salad greens among 4 plates and arrange the steak, pepper, beans and tomatoes on top. Drizzle the filet mignon salad with dressing and serve.