“Tossed in a fresh orange dressing and then gently mixed with juicy mango slices and baby salad greens it bound to make your mouth water just thinking about it”
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
3 chicken breast fillet
1 large ripe mango peeled and sliced
2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
1 ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons peanut oil
3 pounds new potatoes washed and cut in half
1 large sprigs thyme
2 large sprigs mint
100 grams of asparagus spears
200 grams of mixed baby salad greens like romaine, arugula and spinach
1 large avocado pitted, peeled and cut into slices
1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh Orange Dressing
1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and peanut oil in a bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat both sides, then allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, pour water to cover, add the mint sprigs and cook for 15–20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus in a metal colander, cover and set over the pan of potatoes to steam.
- Cook thin spears for 4–5 minutes and thick spears for 8–10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain the potatoes (discard mint and thyme) and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Cut into thick slices. Cut the asparagus diagonally into 6 cm lengths.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the broiler rack. Broil and carefully brush frequently with the marinade and turning once, until it is cooked thoroughly and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife. Leave to rest for 3–4 minutes, and then slice.
- To make the orange dressing, place the orange rind and juice, mustard, and sunflower and walnut oils in a large serving bowl and swiftly whisk all the ingredients together until slightly thickened then season with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer the warm sliced chicken, potatoes and asparagus to the serving bowl and gently toss together to coat with the dressing.
- Add the mango and salad greens and toss gently again. Add the sliced avocados to the sides of the salad and serve immediately, while still warm.