“A healthy and delicious Italian meal ready within half an hour”
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 12 ounces Fettuccine
- One 8 ounce tuna fillet skin off cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 large plum tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup black calamata olives
- ¼ cup green pitted olives
- 1 medium white onion peeled and finely diced
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup white dry wine
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the Fettuccine and boil for 8 minutes or until it is soft to the teeth, but not too soft or mushy. (Pay attention to the cooking instructions on the pasta package) Prepare a large mixing bowl with water and ice and keep ready in the fridge.
When past is ready drain and place in already prepared large mixing bowl with ice and mix gently until it is cold then drain and set aside.
In a large frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat then add the garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring. Add the capers, both olive types and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until they are slightly dry or around 2 minutes. Add the wine, tomato juice, basil and cook until the sauce begins to thicken, around 3 minutes, then add the tuna and mix thoroughly. Add more sea salt if you wish for flavor. Add the cooked pasta and mix thoroughly again. Set on serving plate, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.