Hair loss in no laughing matter as ones appearance remains imperfect and incomplete without hair. Baldness also known as alopecia results from hair loss and the first signs of baldness may cause a person to retreat and hide from embarrassment and may also give your confidence a shattering blow from which you might not recover and usually starts with the thinning of the hair line and may continue to 100 percent hair loss. In males, loss of hair leads to formations of bald spots or patches on the crown of head. In females, loss of hair is characterized not by bald patches but by diffused thinning of hair and receding hair. Losing 50-100 strands of hair daily is nothing abnormal as the lost hair is replaced by new hair. Although with age, hair may not re-grow with the same pace or re-growth may stop altogether leading to hair thinning and baldness.
There are many classification of Baldness such as:
- Circular, coin-sized bald patches or alopecia areata.
- Traction alopecia or thinning of hair from the zone of tight braids or ponytails.
- Trichotillomania or the habit of pulling out hair by twisting.
- Tinea capitis or hair loss due to fungal infection.The primary causes of baldness are:
- Nutritional deficiency
- Cancer and chemotherapy
- Physical stress
- Fungal infection of scalp
- Emotional stress
- Improper hair care
- Intake of junk food
- Certain medications
- Taking of contraceptive pills
- Nervous habits like scalp rubbing and hair twisting and pulling.
Safe Natural Home Remedies for Baldness
- Massaging bald areas in circular motion with a mixture of almond oil and castor oil is a useful treatment for baldness.
- One may soak 15-20 fenugreek seeds in 1 liter water, and leave it overnight. Washing scalp with this water is beneficial for treating baldness.
- A mixture of powdered lemon seeds and black pepper along with water may be applied on bald areas. This is a hair inductive remedy.
- Applying of a mixture of mango pulp and mustard oil shows positive results in eradicating baldness.
- Powdered Indian gooseberry when applied on bald patches, tackles well the problem of baldness.
- Massaging bald scalp with coconut milk brings back hair.
By following these simple tips you will be able to deter and treat any hair loss that you may encounter.