Niacin is of of the greatest vitamins out there and is one of the eight essential B vitamins today. It is an essential vitamin because if not consume daily you will develop symptoms and health complications. This vitamin is used by your body in a vast variety of ways and aids your body in converting the foods that you eat into good and healthy energy for your body. Niacin is also used in digestion and in keeping your nervous system tip top and is wonderful for your skin.
You can find this vitamin is foods such as beans, fish, peas, pork, chicken and many dairy products. It can also be found in green leafy veggies, breads and cereals and is good to mix it up with nuts, seeds, fruits and lean meats. It is important to note that your body does not store niacin so you must get your daily allowance to avoid any symptoms of pellagra which can show digestive problems, skin inflammation, diarrhea, amnesia, lack of energy and mental disorders.
Vitamin B3 is great in processing the fat in your body and lowering your cholesterol levels.
Top foods which contain niacin are:
- Bran crude or wheat bran are powerful in vitamin B3. So eating whole foods like brown rice, whole wheat breads is the best way to go.
- Paprika is common and many European sauces and Indian as well and this is a great way to get that B3 into you.
- Fish like tuna, anchovies and even swordfish are also great in niacin.
- Liver from almost any animal contain high levels of niacin and can be eaten grilled or steamed or even as a pate.
- Peanuts are great sources of protein, Vitamin E, zinc, copper, magnesium and of course Vitamin B3.
- Sun dried tomatoes are wonderful and rich in niacin, potassium and iron and can be found in pizza sauces, salads and many Italian dishes.
- Chicken is great and if you eat the white meat such as the breast you will be getting loads of good vitamin b3.
- Believe it or not bacon is also a great source of niacin so a few slices every morning would be a great and yummy way to start your day.
By adding more niacin to your diet you will be able to be healthier and enjoy a higher quality of life.