No pain no gain has been the staple saying when working out but while the benefits of aerobics and heavy lifting are real there are some good news for those looking for a softer and less strenuous way to keep themselves fit. The ancient practice of Tai Chi has long been acclaimed in many health circles as one of the best ways to keep their hearts healthy and to improve quality of mood and life. Tai Chi can improve your immune system, blood pressure and even increase your bone density and most importantly teaches one to remain relaxed, balanced and focused.
Tai Chi which is originally from China has been handed down from generation to generation since its creation by a well known Taoist master Chang San-Feng who was around during the Dung Dynasty of 960 to 1279 BC. Tai Chi is practiced a slow moving meditative exercise which is used for health, relaxation and even self defense. The numbers of postures are 13 and based of 8 trigrams and 5 elements. One of the most popular styles of Tai Chi is the Yang Style long form which utilizes over 100 diferent postures and takes around 20 minutes.
- Tai Chi will help your blood pressure as it lowers systolic blood pressure and can also tone and relax the muscles which also improve blood circulation.
- Tai Chi is great for the muscles and one can slowly increase muscle strength and tone without the risk of straining or damaging a muscle.
- Tai Chi is great for breathing and includes comprehensive relaxation exercises for those with asthma.
- Tai Chi is also wonderful against hypertension as it works in conjunction with the nervous system.
- Tai Chi is great for the heart as the flowing and rhythmic nature of Tai Chi helps the heart to move blood more effectively throughout the body and also exercises the heart gently.
This practice accompanied by a healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables will add years of happiness and peace to your life.