Posts Tagged ‘christmas mashed potatoes’
Thanksgiving is a time for us to spend with loved ones and to be thankful for all that we have. So having the proper meal plan can be beneficial and helpful in a time when there are a million recipes for a million thanksgiving dishes and it’s all you can do to keep from just going to a restaurant instead. Well, I, Chef Ed, having been a Chef for over 25 years in the restaurant and resort business and basically spending those 25 thanksgivings feeding people, this could be called the most crowd pleasing menu of all. Believe me that I have cooked my fare share of dishes that have sat on the thanksgiving table and gotten cold without anyone ever setting a tooth in them. So experience and disappointments together have aided in the design of this menu. With careful attention to the details herein you should be able to breeze your way through the meal preparation and leave your friends and family coming back for more and more and more…
Please click on the food items to read Chef Eddy’s delicious and comforting thanksgiving recipes…
- Mashed potatoes
- Candied yams
- Caesar salad
- cranberry sauce
- apple pie
- pumpkin pie
- pecan pie (Keep in mind that these three pies can be served with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top)
as far as drinks you can serve:
- Cranberry juice or any juice especially for kids, remember fresh is always best.
- Egg nog can be served hot or cold and as a pre-thanksgiving drink that can be sipped on throughout the day and night.
- Apple cider punch can be served hot or cold and as a pre-thanksgiving drink that can be sipped on throughout the day and night.
You will find the recipes for all these dishes here at health and Fitness talk and as long as you pay attention to the details you will have them all coming back for more and more. also please don’t be afraid of leftovers as they can be used for the next day turkey sandwiches and any pies can be used for treats and desserts as they will keep for a few days.
And from all of us here at Health and Fitness Talk we hope that you have a safe, wonderful and delicious thanksgiving Season.
- Don’t Be Fooled By Food Substitutes
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease
- USA Born, Raised, Slaughtered Turkeys Are COOL This Thanksgiving
- Buttercream Coffee Soaked Holiday Cake
- Health Benefits of Pets
- Building Muscles With Yoga
- Pregnancy Exercises
- Knee Injuries
- Chef Ed’s Healthy and Comforting Thanksgiving Menu Plan
- Managing Your Liver Disease Naturally
Ingredients 3 cups flour, sifted 1 Tbls. baking powder 1 1/2 sticks butter 1 1 1/2 cups sugar 1 cup milk 1/2 tsp. vanilla 2/3 cups egg whites Preparation Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease the bottom of baking pan...
” The only thing better than a good friend is a good friend with a piece of chocolate cake” Many warm thanks to contributing Pastry Chef in training Samara Rabah for this delicious recipe. Ingredients (Prepare before starting} 1 ½...