The healthiness of sweet potatoes is vast and according to nutritionist at the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) sweet potatoes are foods rich in complex carbs and also ranked it as the top food in nutrition of all vegetables. It was also graced with generous points for its natural occurring sugars, vitamin, A, C, and Iron
According to nutritionists at the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), foods rich in complex carbohydrates, such as sweet potatoes Points were given for content of dietary fiber, naturally occurring sugars and complex carbohydrates, calcium protein, vitamins A and C, and iron.
3 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
8 sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into quarters
Can be eaten as a snack, or served along fish sandwich and burgers as an alternative to greasy French fries.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the Extra virgin olive oil and paprika.
- Add the potato sticks, and stir to coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown.