“A healthy and scrumptious vegetarian dish that can be served as an appetizer, main course”
Prep time: 8 min
Baking Time: 35 min
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- ½ tablespoon dice garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- ½ tablespoon diced fresh basil
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil (spray).
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until caps are tender about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta, spinach, diced garlic, diced onions,1/8 cup Parmesan and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat up marinara sauce in medium size sauce pan.
- When the mushrooms are tender, discard any liquid remaining in the caps. Return the caps to the baking dish, gill-side up.
- Lightly pour 1 tablespoon of the marinara sauce into each cap.
10. Fill each cap with the ricotta mix and sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 cup Parmesan.
11. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes.
12. Serve with the remaining marinara sauce and garnish with the diced fresh basil.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef Health and Fitness Talk