“A healthy and warm corn salad accompanies this Mexican treat”
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 jar (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- /4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp. diced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tbls. Olive oil
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium size ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Salsa: Heat corn in a dry medium size pot over high heat mixing occasionally, around 4 minutes or until lightly charred in areas. Add tomatoes, olive oil and onions; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in cilantro Tabasco sauce and lime juice.
- Tacos: heat a large pan to medium and heat the tortillas for I minute on each side, then transfer to towel and wrap to keep warm.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, then add oil, garlic, and cumin. Mix well then add shrimp, salt, and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes, mixing occasionally until shrimp are firm and cooked through; remove from heat and toss with lime juice.
- Fill each tortilla with 6 or 7 shrimp and top with warm corn salsa, diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef Health and Fitness Talk