“Warm strips of chicken in a crisp coating of sesame seeds, breadcrumbs and cornflakes and layed atop a salad, ummmm!”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 large chicken breast fillets
2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 cup cornflakes heavily crushed
6 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dark paprika
4 organic eggs
1 teaspoon oregano crushed
1 teaspoon basil crushed
½ teaspoon dark brown sugar
Ingredients for the Salad
½ white cabbage
3 heads endive
Finely shred the cabbage and place in a large mixing bowl. Pull the endive leaves and chicory apart and tear whatever large pieces there are into smaller pieces then add to the mixing bowl and gently mix and set aside in the fridge.
Ingredients for Dressing
2 tablespoons parsley chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons dark honey
½ teaspoon sea salt
Place all the ingredients for the herb dressing in a mason jar or a shaker, shake thoroughly for 1 minute and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally.
- Cut lengthwise into strips.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cornflakes, sesame seeds, oregano, basil, sea salt, sugar, and chili powder into a large mixing bowl mix for 1 minute.
- Break the eggs into a shallow dish and lightly beat together.
- One at a time dip the chicken strips into the beaten eggs then transfer to 2 nonstick baking sheets being very careful to spread out the pieces in a single layer.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway through the baking time then remove from oven.
- Divide the salad among 4 individual plates and gently pile the baked sesame chicken pieces on top being careful to garnish with a few more sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. then serve.