Making small changes to your diet every day to help reduce your calorie intake will help offset weight gain over the year, and possibly even help you to lose weight! So go ahead and give these ideas a try to help you reduce your calorie intake. Try it, you have nothing to lose…but weight. Some of the best ways to get healthy are easy things like sleep, small meals and even laughter.
- Say goodbye to soft drinks. That’s right, that one great evil pleasure. Be rid of it and switch to ice green tea, lightly sweetened with a squeeze of lime , besides it lowering your calorie intake it also has potential to fight cancer and heart disease, there have limited studies about green tea’s role in lowering cholesterol, burning fat, preventing diabetes and stroke.
- Have a fruit salad for breakfast, with yogurt. If you grab a blueberry muffin on your way to work, that’s 520 calories. Instead you can go for a fruit salad. Not only are you eating more and saving on calories but fruit salads although delicious and refreshing, are also excellent sources of essential nutrients. The fruits contain natural sugars and essential vitamins and minerals including fiber, which helps with digestion. Eating a fruit salad everyday can prevent diseases, reduce your risk of obesity, strengthen your immune system and improve your overall health.
- Laugh More! Watch Airplane, Naked gun 2 ½ or the Three Stooges. A study conducted at Vanderbilt University demonstrated that real laughter will burn 10 to 20 percent more calories, which means that 10 to15 minutes of laughter per day could increase total calories burned by 10 to 40 calories (as much as 4 pounds lost in a year). So break out the DVD’s.
- Carry a cold water bottle everywhere you go. Drinking a pint of ice cold water takes approximately 20 Calories for your body to bring up to body temperature. Researchers believe that drinking 2 liters of cold water per day would burn 95 calories per day.
- Standing burns about 50 percent more calories than sitting. So, by standing, while talking on the phone, working at your computer or reading the paper, a 160-pound person can burn as many as 50 or more calories per hour. Pace around while you talk on the phone and you can burn another 35 to 40 calories per hour.
- Use smaller plates. Swap your large plate for a smaller one. You’ll eat 20 to 25% less—and save up to 500 calories. You won’t feel any less full, either, researchers say.
- Lighten up on your cocktails. Opt for cocktails made with natural juices (demand it, any bar worth its salt will always have some fresh juices available) choose this instead of Syrups, sour mix, sugary artificial fruit juices, and creamy additions that turn drinks into desserts: an indulgent and delicious Mudslide can have more than 800 calories. Order drinks mixed with club soda, tonic water, cranberry juice, or a squeeze of citrus; or try distilled liquors on the rocks. You’ll save up to 800 calories.
- Get plenty of sleep. Multiple studies have shown that the people who get the fewest number of hours of sleep per night weigh more. Your body needs sleep so that it can rebuild itself, including lean muscle mass which allows you to burn more fat – even while sleeping. A lack of sleep can make you snack, new research from the University of Chicago shows that people who got only 5 1/2 hours of sleep ate more during the day.
Snooze more and save about 1,087 calories.
- Chew some gum. Studies have shown that you can burn up to 100 calories by chewing gum, but please use wisdom in which gum your about to choose, try a low sugar or even better an organic bubble gum to sink your teeth into.
10. Tap your foot. Yes, it’s that easy, the late President John F. Kennedy was notorious for his foot tapping when meeting with heads of state, members of congress etc, and he was one of the fittest presidents ever. For every 3 minutes that you tap your foot you can burn at least 15 calories.
If you are able to apply any one of these recommendations or a combination of them you will certainly lose calories the easy way and feel way better about yourself. What do you have to lose? Cept some weight.