“Beans and pasta”
“This classic Italian dish is loaded with great carbs and nutrients”
- 2 cups ditalini or macaroni pasta
- 3 cups red beans
- 1 cup chopped white Spanish onions
- 2 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, finely chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika pepper
- 1 tablespoon distilled apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, sauté the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and ham in olive oil until onion is transparent.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato juice, red beans, parsley, basil, red pepper, vinegar, sugar and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
- Fill a separate stock pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender drain and set aside.
- Place desired amount of pasta into separate serving bowls and ladle soup on the bowl.
ALL RECIPES BY CHEF ED