“These are great to make as they will soak up lots of the maple syrup that you pour atop them”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon vanilla essence Francelia variety
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 free range large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Canola oil to lightly coat pan to cook pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl combine the milk with the vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. Whisk the egg and butter into the “soured” milk then pour the mixture into the wet ingredients and gently whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, wait until the pan is very hot (you should see a the beginnings of smoke coming off the pan) and lightly coat with a bundle up paper towel soaked in Canola oil.
- Next pour 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until the pancakes are browned on the other side remove and set aside in a warm area (the stove works best just make that it is not on).
Top off with maple syrup, strawberry preserves, blueberry preserves or any of your favorite toppings and enjoy.