Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Ementaller cheese grated
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped and 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup slice Portobello mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium slices Canadian bacon coarsely chopped
Make sure that the oven rack is in the upper part of the oven then preheat boiler.
- Next whisk the eggs along with the cheese, lime zest, milk, oregano, sea salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a 9 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat then add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet while stirring to distribute the filling thoroughly.
- Cover and cook until the bottom sets around 10 minutes then remove top and sprinkle the cheese on the top
- Put the frittata under the boiler and cook for around 2 minutes or until the top is slightly brown.
- Remove, sprinkle with oregano and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes then serve.
All recipes by Chef Eddy resident Chef Health and fitness talk