“great for diabetics”
Prep Time: 10 minutes and 1 ½ hour to rest before cooking
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Butter, for greasing dish
- Flour, for dusting dish
Make sure that the oven rack is in the center of the oven then preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine thyme, flour and salt and set aside. With a mixer beat together the butter and powdered sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Using damp fingers, press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Gently spoon the glaze over the cooled crust.
- Allow the glaze to harden, at room temperature, for at least 1 hour.
- With a metal spatula, remove the crust from the pan.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch square bars and serve or store for later in an airtight container.