Your metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories. One of the best and smartest ways to shed those extra pounds off is to increase your metabolism. Calories are the fuel that powers your internal engine and as everyone knows the more calories you burn during the day the more body fat you can get rid of and if you maintain an increased metabolism after you lose the fat you will certainly keep it off as well.
It is very interesting to note that the human body needs a certain amount of calories to be able to function properly as too few calories will make it hold on to it as in survival mode thus making it hard for you to lose weight. The most important thing in increasing your metabolism is making changes in your lifestyle that will become easier and will stick with you for years to come.
When you get the majority of your calories from nutrient dense foods your body will react with an increase in metabolism because it takes energy to digest these foods although if you eat foods which are processed and refined then you will find that your metabolism will stay the same and these foods will automatically be converted right to fat storage.
Combining exercise with a healthy diet will certainly boost your metabolism even more as aerobics burn calories and decrease your chances of diabetes, heart disease and hypertension to name a few. Nothing burns calories lean like muscle mass as it takes quite some energy not only to build that muscle but also to maintain it.
The key is to stay motivated in your weight loss plan and stick to a healthy diet and exercise and if your goal is to get rid of excess body fat than increasing your metabolism is the best way to go as you will not only refine your body but keep the weight off.
- Water is by far one of the best ways to boost your metabolism as drinking water speeds up weight loss and is also a natural appetite suppressant, so make sure to start your day with a large glass of water and drink at least 3 liters per day.
- Green tea has been shown to boost the metabolism as well and contains anti cancer properties and can also help prevent heart disease.
- Grapefruits contain vitamin C, which naturally boost your metabolism and can also reduce ones insulin levels, which promotes weight loss.
- Broccoli is also loaded with vitamin C but is also high in calcium.
- Apples are also great to eat to boost your metabolism and are also a low sugar high fiber snack, which will make you feel full longer and cause you to eat less.
By keeping your metabolism high naturally you will be able to shed those extra pounds off and keep yourself fitter and leaner.