“If you do have any leftovers they make great ham sandwiches”
1 (12 pound) ham with bone, rump portion
1/4 cup whole cloves
1 cup honey
8 pineapple rings
4 cups orange juice, or as needed
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, and push the whole cloves into the ham at 1 to 2 inch intervals.
- Gently glaze the honey over the ham.
- Pour enough orange juice into the bottom of the roasting pan to reach a 1-inch depth.
- With toothpicks stick the pineapple rings onto the ham to cover as much of the ham as you can.
- Bake for 4 1/2 to 5 hours in the preheated oven, should be around 22 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature of the ham has reached 160 degrees F (72 degrees C).
- Let stand for about 20 minutes before carving and enjoy with your favorite side dishes.
All Recipes by Chef Ed