“Easy to prepare and bake and delicious and yummy to eat”
- 1 ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs free range
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl and with a beater cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and mix well then blend in the orange peel and dark corn syrup.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and salt, mixing until well combined.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours, I like to chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface and with a rolling pin roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes and figures using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are firm and lightly toasted on the edges.