By Ed Barillas- Staff Writer
The weekends are great for unwinding, relaxing and eating. But your choice of foods and intake amounts during this time can be detrimental to your waistline and cause you to feel bloated and groggy come Monday morning. Studies have shown that the average person who overeats during the weekend can gain as much as three pound. Whether it was the hamburgers, pizza, chocolate cake or all three and more, you need to drop those extra pounds to stay fit and mentally alert during your workweek to perform at your best and keep your tummy nice and flat.
- Stay off the weekend junk foods like pizza if you are serious about loosing the belly.
There are a great healthy and quick ways to get a flat stomach in a week and careful attention should be paid to these helpful tips to keep you in shape and feeling great come Monday morning.
- Stay off the sauce. Alcohol can add pounds to your waistline quickly if not monitored properly because alcohol is nothing but empty nutrition-less calories and your body will burn these calories before it burns stored fat supplies, so naturally this will slow down your weight loss and make you feel sluggish.
- Go easy on high carb foods like pastas, cakes, pizza etc. Excessive consumption of carbohydrates especially refined carbs like sugar, corn syrup can lead to obesity and that groggy feeling come Monday morning. Excessive consumption of high carb foods especially refined carbs like sugar or corn syrup can quickly lead to obesity, cancer or type II diabetes.
- Avoid overdoing it with starchy foods. Most starches, including pastas, corn and wheat can produce gas as they are broken down in your large intestine and is the primary culprit when that bloated feeling comes along. Try switching your side dish to rice as it is the only starch food that does not cause gas.
- Try eating lots of fruits and raw vegetables with yogurt dips. Keep a tray of it in your fridge and whenever you get the urge to nibble on something eat these. Fruits and veggies are packed with nutrients, which include vitamins and minerals. But when the vegetables are cooked you can lose up to 80% of these nutrients. Heat can destroy the vitamins, proteins and minerals which are easily assimilated by the body.
- Walk or jog for 30 minutes per day to boost your metabolism in order to burn that fat. Use your imagination as to where to walk so that it does not become a tedious routine. Take your kids to the park, walk your dog, or water your plants. An increase in your metabolism is probably the easiest way to lose weight naturally.
- Try incorporating plenty of crunches into your daily workout as this is a great way to help you tone your midsection in a short amount of time. If you maintain a properly balanced diet and exercise routine you will definitely see the difference in a short period of time.
By adhering to these simple suggestions you will be guaranteed a flat and healthy stomach and a feeling of freshness and clarity of mind come Monday morning.