Color therapy goes back to ancient times as a form of alternative therapy that uses light and color to treat imbalances in our energy fields in our bodies. The old saying that red is for anger, green is for envy and blue is for sadness etc, does have a germ of truth. Color can definitely affect a person’s emotion and mood and even how one can think. Building architects are very careful in designing their buildings, on the color used to set the mood of the structure as well as in designing retail stores to influence consumer choices. In the past people have turned to color therapy as a way to combat depression associated with weight gain, reduce cravings, improves ones digestive function and create long term weight loss solutions.
Here are some helpful tips that can aid you not only in staying in shape but keeping your spirits high as well:
- Replace your refrigerator light with a blue fridge light. The color blue has been known to suppress ones appetite.
- Invest in some paint and color your kitchen blue, eat on blue plates, cover your dining room table with a blue tablecloth.
- Get a pair of yellow color therapy sunglasses, and wear them for 20 minutes per day to improve your focus and also help you keep to your diet.
- Close your eyes and imagine the color red for 10 minutes per day. The color red can immediately up your metabolism thus burning calories.
- Try hanging pictures of forest, violet and blue flowers in your kitchen and dining room (a black tablecloth can also suppress the appetite). These colors have been proven to suppress the appetite.
- Do not use red colored sun glasses as part of your color therapy treatment as red has been known to stimulate the appetite.
- Do use your red colored sun glasses while exercising. This will make you burn more calories by stimulating your metabolism.
- Put lots of green plants in your kitchen. The color green has been proven to have a calming effect one a person. This is why television shows use a green room for their guest before they appear on the show, to relax them. You can use this to your advantage in your kitchen when you are tempted to nibble on something unhealthy; it will simply reduce your anxiety level that is associated with the temptation of eating.
- The color yellow can also help you in losing weight by way of the physics of light and optics. More light is reflected by bright colors resulting in excessive stimulation of the eyes that up your metabolism and burn more calories.