“Great for kids”
Prep time: 15min
Cooking time: 15min
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- ½ cup Worchester sauce
- 1 tbls. crushed then finely diced garlic
- 3 tbls. diced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup Mexican pico de gallo (diced tomatoes, onion & peppers soaked in lime juice and half tsp. salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 6 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole (2 ripe & soft avocados mashed gently and mixed with 1/2 cup diced onions, 4 tbls fresh lime juice, 1/2 tsp, fresh crushed oregano, 1/8 cup fresh and chopped cilantro & 1/2 tsp sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Pre heat your sauté pan, coat meat with marinate for 3 minutes
- Cube the steak, pour into pan 4 Tbls olive oil and place the stake bits in the now hot pan. Cook the meat for 8 minutes avoid over mixing the meat, you have to continually hear the sizzle when you first put the meat on the hot pan.
- After 8 minutes place the red pepper over the meat and slowly mix.
- Stir in the chili sauce, salt and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotle sauce. Layer each tostada with lettuce, meat mixture, guacamole, cheese and sprinkle heavily with the pico de gallo.
All recipes by Chef Eddy Resident Chef Health and Fitness Talk