Getting the runs can be quite embarrassing and finding a place to go even more embarrassing and discomforting. Medication, eating everyday foods, and even stress can cause this uncomfortable effect but one should also be mindful to consider other underlying medical conditions that may be causing this.
The good news is that there are many ways to fix your diarrhea and get your stomach back to normal.
- First off stay away from all dairy products.
- If you can eat try eating a chicken or vegetable broth with some white rice as the rice contains vitamin D which your body needs in fighting diarrhea and will bulk up your stool as well. You body needs energy to fight diarrhea and this is the quickest way to get nutrition and fuel to your body.
- Do not eat foods like beans, potatoes, apples, peaches, bread, pasta and all wheat products.
- Keep yourself well hydrated by adding 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar to 1 quart of water as this will refuel your electrohydrates and glucose.
- Stay clear of any carbonated soft drinks as the gas state will contribute to explosive diarrhea and make this experience even more of a pain and embarrassing.
- Drinking black tea with shaved ginger will do wonders for mild diarrhea also carrot juice and ginger ale will be helpful in making the stool less watery.
- Eat fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods as these will bulk up your stool as these are soluble fibers.
These tips should be make your next bout with diarrhea less discomforting but you should never forget to pay attention as to the cause of the diarrhea as they can be many but mostly come from bacteria in food which has not been properly handled and stored. Whatever the cause be very mindful that if the experience continues for more than three days or becomes chronic as some people have even died from lack of water or better said being able to hold the water down long enough for their bodies to use, do visit your doctor for more guidance and a thorough investigation.