“The rich flavor of salmon is perfectly balanced by the gentle acidity of mandarins and the sweetness of papaya and mango and the neutralizing flavor of fresh avocados”
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
4 skinless salmon fillets
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (2 for the marinate 2 for garnish)
1 teaspoon finely grated rind
1 ounce fresh lime juice with pulp
½ cup of fresh mandarin juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark honey
2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
½ cup dry white wine – Sauvignon Blanc
4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon whole butter
1 garlic clove peeled, crushed then finely diced
½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1large medium size mixing bowl mixed with salad leaves like romaine, arugula, radicchio, red oak leaf or lettuce red coral.
1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into large cubes
1 mango, peeled and cut into large cubes
1 mandarin, peeled and segmented
1 large ripe (make sure that it is not too ripe) avocado pitted and cut into slices
- Add the lime rind, mandarin juice, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons cilantro, white wine and honey to a medium size mixing bowl and season with sea salt and ground black pepper and gently mix for 1 minute then set aside.
- Place the pieces of salmon fillet in the dish then turn them over to coat both sides.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Then remove from heat add the butter, mix and allow to rest and cool uncovered.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat a large frying pan to high then pour in enough olive oil to lightly coat the entire surface of the pan.
- Lift the salmon out of the marinade gently shake the excess marinate off and gently add to the fryers careful not to splatter any oil on your hand and cook for 3 minutes on one side then remove and place on baking dish and place inside the hot oven for 5 minutes, remove then set aside.
- Add the lettuces to a large mixing bowl, almonds,the sea salt, pepper then toss the salad with some of the warm marinate reduction.
- Then arrange the salad leaves in the middle of 4 plates scatter the mango and papaya cubes, mandarin segments and avocados over and around the salad.
- Place the cooked salmon filet on top of the salad and spoon a tablespoon of the marinate reduction on the filet.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.