“Easy to fix and great for the whole family”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
1 large chicken thawed
1 large onion peeled and cut in half
1 large garlic bulb
4 large potatoes washed and cut in halves
½ teaspoon dry oregano
½ teaspoon dry basil
½ teaspoon dry rosemary
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ ounce canola oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup pineapple juice
Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place the chicken in large baking mold.
- Add and surround the chicken with all the veggies.
- Sprinkle the oregano, basil, rosemary, sea salt and black pepper on top of the chicken and veggies.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and veggies then drizzle only the chicken with the sugar and mustard.
- Add the pineapple juice on the sides of the chicken
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You can check for doneness by checking the color of the skin which should be a medium shinny brown color. You can also check by taking the mold out of the oven and very carefully with a large fork try to pull the legs of the chicken. If the legs easily come off then the chicken is probably ready.
Add to each plate a quarter of the chicken with some potato, onion and half of the garlic bulb. Drizzle some of the juices from the mold and serve.
All recipes by Chef Eddy- Resident Chef Health & Fitness talk