“This is a healthier and tropical variation of the usual BLT”
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 large Italian sub roll sliced in half (not all the way) and cut into two
8 slices of bacon
1 large tomato sliced
1 small romaine lettuce washed and broken up into large bite size bits
3 tbls. Organic homemade mayonnaise
1 large ripe avocado pitted, scooped out and sliced into halves
- Place your bacon slices on a cold frying pan and heat to medium high.
- Cook bacon until desired crispiness on each side.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium.
- Place the precut sub roll section face down on the hot pan and toast 2-3 minutes
- Turn sub roll over and toast on the other side for 2-3 minutes careful not to burn it
- Place your toasted roll on a large cutting board and spread the mayonnaise to cover both faces of the cut roll.
- Place your lettuce and tomatoes to cover the bottom face
- Place your bacon on top then the avocado slices
Serve with Cole slaw, potato salad or small fruit salad
All recipes by Chef Eddy B. Resident Chef Health & Fitness Talk