The following are 10 easy and quick ways to lose those extra ounces a few at a time. Always keep in mind that a well balanced diet must accompany these simple suggestions and you will be sure to feel lighter, look healthier and be happier.
- Stand up while talking on the phone or standing up to read a book. The simple process of standing actually ups your metabolism.
- Play with your kids or volunteer at a local orphanage an hour per day. Looking after kids in itself is a mental and physical process of being a judge, teacher, nurse, clown etc. and the simple acts will definitely burn some calories.
- Water the lawn- yeah that’s right, no sprinklers. Yes many many years ago our ancient forefathers actually got off the couch and watered the lawn with a hose.
- Dance as often as you can. I know, for some of us it’s better to do this with our doors closed, and so be it! So go ahead and put on your favorite music track and bust out those moves! Not only will dancing help you losing weight fast, but it will also help you bring down stress levels and improve your coordination and flexibility.
- Indulge in a dark chocolate. Although it seems too good to be true, dark chocolate is actually good for you! When consumed in moderation and in accordance with a well balanced diet, this delicious treat has some powerful health benefits. Dark chocolate can help prevent heart disease, improve your mood and is good for your skin, meaning that you will happily be able to push those wrinkles years away some.
- Eat five meals a day rather than 3 big ones. Five small healthy meals will help to burn more metabolisms. The more often you eat the less hungry you feel before each meal, which inevitably leads you to consuming less when you eat more often. Just make sure the 2 snacks you have in-between the meals are actually healthy. a piece of chicken breast, Boiled eggs, or a salad will be the perfect choice. If you decide to have a yogurt or a fruit, have it after your salad or protein snack.
- Don’t skip breakfast; this is the meal that feeds your body through its most busy daily stage that gets you going for the entire day and studies has shown that eating a healthful breakfast helps you lose weight faster. Make sure your breakfast contains plenty of complex carbs (a hearty bowl of oatmeal sprinkled with dry cranberries and bathed in soy milk is the perfect example). If still hungry, you might add some protein (eggs) and vegetables.
- Keeping some fresh or dry berries in a bag in your office desk to munch on is not a bad idea. Scientists have found berries have some of the highest antioxidant levels of any fresh fruits. Fresh berries are some of the most powerful (and delicious) disease-fighting foods available.
· Avoid the middle of the grocery store, that’s where all of the processed foods are. Instead, try to stick to the edges of the grocery store, where the fresh produce, whole grains, and dairy are.
· Drink an 8-ounce glass of water before you eat a meal. Try drinking a glass of water 15-20 minutes prior to your meal. This way you will not be dissolving stomach juice you need for a proper digestion, and you will be able to take the edge off your hunger, and as a result you will eat less.
By following these 10 quick and easy advices you will be surprised at how much more endurance you will have in your everyday chores, exercising and playing. So, whether you’ve just started losing weight, or you’ve hit a plateau after going strong for a few weeks, hopefully here you have found some ideas on how to take advantage of your every day movements and shed those extra ounces.